Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 7

I haven't blogged, but that doesn't mean I've stopped running!  I'm up to 6 miles-- a feat I was intimidated by but has now been accomplished.

Here's what I've learned thus far:


  • you cannot really learn discipline.  You just have to do it.
  • is the above comment contradictory? possibly.  Here's what I mean:  there's nothing that makes running easier besides actually running.  Therefore, simply do it.
  • Be flexible.  I have a running schedule, but that doesn't mean the days cannot be rearranged.  This simple "duh" reality was incredibly helpful in my "running confidence."  If I missed a day, I was bummed and tended immediately think I was behind.  not so! Simply run on your rest day.  
  • Switch it up.  The Bear Trail- a 2.25 mile loop around campus- has become the most monotonous loop imaginable, so I've learned to explore new areas.  The newness keeps my senses focused not on the fact that I'm running but on the new scenery.  
  • biggest motivation: the fact that I'm running 13.1 miles at the end of March whether I train or not.  I. better. train.

No comments:

Post a Comment